Greenhouse Goes Up

Work began one year ago, October 2010....



The area is cleared and leveled for the greenhouse...


Foundation is poured...


Floor is laid (love, love, love)...



Greenhouse went up in just one day...


I ordered ready made tables so that I could get started right away...



Greenhouse gets juice...


Propane tank provides heat...


My wonderful neighbour, John, custom built this counter for me :)
and I also love, love, love this!
Inside the cabinet is a pump to draw in the water from the outdoor cistern,
plus the hot water tank. 


Water is collected in a huge cistern, from the roofs, for watering in and around the greenhouse...


Deer fencing, gardens, and gates, are going up for the nursery...


Outside may be chaos, however, inside the greenhouse is staring to look like spring...



Hubby adds a small hoop house with roll up wall,
to house the roses and to overwinter potted perennials and shrubs...



Nursery in October 2011...looks okay here, but ...

Oh boy... much work is still being done.
Hubby building raised beds around the perimeter plus a large pergola in the middle... landscaping begins spring 2012.


Indoors is my lovely haven.
Here I can escape not only the weather,
but also the mess and chaos just on the other side of these walls.
Welcome :)

Comments

  1. what a fabulous journey i so admire your love of nature and its gifts, you make gardening look like a spiritual task ,i don't believe there is one plant out there that you cannot find beauty in ..even the dreaded DANDELION,keep up the great work so enjoy sharing all your trials with you .Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I do love everything gardening, not sure that I find much beauty in that dandelion.. as I am not overly fond of anything yellow ;) Thank you, Lorraine, for all your support, love, encouragemnt and kind words. I truly appreciate your friendship, so glad you are with me during this new leg of my journey.. The Slighly Battered but New Tanja Re-Invention Process :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts