This One Is a Tough One....

So, for those of you who have followed me over the past three years, more or less, you will all know that my sweet Mastiff, Delilah, aka Little 'Lilah, has been with me in the potager and greenhouse business, every step of the way.

Lilah, checking out the fall peas.... peas, strawberries and carrots were the favourites.

Sadly, Little Lilah became very ill in January.

After several weeks of tests, pokes, prodding, shaving, joint tapping, and all sorts of other nasty things, turns out she had come down with an auto-immune disease. Lilah being not quite 4 years of age, was at the prime age for this disease that  attacks her immune system, joints in particular.

After diagnosis, on drugs, but sadly, still losing weight...

Sadly, the disease got the best of my darling best friend, my support system and best buddy, greenhouse helper and love of my love.

Little Lilah passed away on April 6th. 2013 at not quite 4 years of age.


R.I.P. Delilah aka Little 'Lilah
May 16, 2009 - April 6, 2013


Comments

  1. so very sorry for your loss ~ blessings and love to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss seeing her. I'm very sorry to know about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to find out about Lilah passing on. A beloved dog is devoted to you and follows you everywhere and participates in so many of your activities that whenever we loose them it leaves such an empty hole in your life, it's heartbreaking. Bless your heart I hope in time you will heal and reflect only on the happy moments with Lilah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts