Potager Palaver (Recipes, Wheelbarrows)

What a wild week it has been here. Getting the house, yard, greenhouse, and shop ready for the move is no small feat. 

Crazy how much stuff one accumulates! Both hubby and I are trying to find the right balance with our hobby items (my gardening, his woodworking), figuring out what to take, what to sell, what we consider irreplaceable. So many decisions to make in very short order.  

Anyway! The great news is that the garlic is finally making scapes! Yay! A bit later than usual but looking so good! I am super excited. They are looking really fine, with big fat stalks. Hoping the bulbs have enough time left to size up nicely before I have to yank them out of the ground to take them with me ; ) 

Here are a couple of recipes that caught my eye this week. I very rarely share recipes but both looked so good that I just had to do it : )

As it is just about strawberry time, this one comes at the perfect time! A Finnish and Scandinavian favourite, check out strawberry brita cake – smitten kitchen

Plus this super yummy potato salad with cucumbers and lots of tasty, crunchy veggies that looks so good. dilled potato and pickled cucumber salad – smitten kitchen




Here is a fun idea for hiding your garden hose. This would look lovely at my place! 

This is a good one about mulch. Mulching for weeds? Starting a new garden bed? Here are some tips you need to know. How to Start Growing a Back to Eden Garden Anytime of Year! – Back to Eden Gardening. If you enjoy that post, click on the gardening tab up top for lots of great links for organic weed control and other organic ideas. 


Wishing you all a really great week! 
Hope to see you before I go! ` Tanja 




Comments

Popular Posts